Pencil Skirt & Dresses
Do you love a minimalist, modern look? Our pencil skirts and dresses have simple, clean lines and sophisticated silhouettes. These straight-cut skirts look great with a variety of blouses and sweaters. Simple yet chic, this skirt style is a timeless addition to any wardrobe!
The clean, simple lines of this straight-cut skirt or pencil dress are flattering and versatile! But many pencil skirts for women are form-fitting, have revealing slits, or are shorter than you feel comfortable wearing.
At the Main Street Exchange, we offer a variety of modest skirts and dresses so you can enjoy a beautiful and modest wardrobe that expresses your style.
Any skirt that has a straight, narrow cut is considered a pencil skirt. Many pencil skirts fall just above or below the knee, but they can also be midi or even maxi length.
Pencil dresses are similar to pencil skirts: narrow dresses with tailored, close fit.
We offer a variety of pencil skirts for women including:
- Denim pencil skirts
- Colored denim pencil skirts such as khaki, black, burgundy, white, and rose
- Knit skirts, including black pencil skirts, and grey pencil skirts
- Black lace pencil skirt
- Black knit pencil dress
Pencil skirts and pencil dresses look excellent with loose or flowy tops, including:
- Flowy, feminine blouses
- Graphic tees
- Button-down shirts for a formal, classic look
- Smocked blouses
- Chunky sweaters
Here’s how to style our women’s pencil skirts:
- Formal occasions: Try a black pencil skirt with a tucked-in button-down shirt for a classic, formal look. Or, try a skirt or pencil dress in a fun color and wear a flowy blouse. Add a belt and some heels!
- Casual occasions: Try a denim skirt - classic blue, khaki, or even a black denim pencil skirt. Add a graphic t-shirt, floral top, v-neck tee, or embroidered tee. Pair with some stylish sneakers.
These clean, modern skirts aren’t just for the office. Whether you’re going to a worship service, brunch, an evening out, or just running errands, you’ll enjoy this timeless wardrobe staple.
You can also view our collection of denim, dresses, tops and sweaters, and accessories.
Before buying a pencil skirt or pencil dress online, we ask that you carefully measure yourself before placing your order. Each skirt or dress has its own fitting chart on the individual product pages.
Of course, we are always available to answer questions about the fit as well. You can call us from 9-3 ET at 717.598.8309 - we would love to talk with you and help you find the right piece!